Gibson City is located in Ford County and home to 3,407 residents. The site of Gibson City was purchased by Jonathan B. Lott in 1869. Lott named the place Gibson after the maiden name of his wife, Margaret Gibson Lott, and City was added later by the post office department. Two railroads reached the town in 1871 and the population grew. A beautiful 1940 mural, “Hiawatha Returning with Minnehaha,” by Francis Foy is on display in the Gibson City Post Office.
Click on the location below for more information or to contact an advisor today.