We Are Prepared: The Villas Difference
Keeping Residents, Staff, and Families Safe and Engaged
COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) Prevention Efforts
The safety and well-being of residents and team members remain our first priority. We are committed to keeping you apprised of our efforts in response to COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, including precautions we’re taking to help keep community members protected during virus season. Currently, there are no known instances of the virus at any Villas of Holly Brook locations.
Since our last update to you, we have continued to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), here are some of the measures we are taking to keep people not only safe but engaged:
- VISITORS: Currently we are only allowing essential staff, emergency personnel and one family member of a resident on hospice who is at end of life. Upon entering our community all above parties will be screened and temperature recorded. They will be directed to sanitize stations and monitored to complete this tasks. All persons entering our community will be instructed to wear a mask to protect our residents.
- Doctor’s Appointments: We are still helping residents make it to medical appointments when needed and taking extra precautions to make sure these excursions are safe. When possible, routine appointments are being performed digitally.
- Activities: We are making every attempt to keep all our residents engaged in activities that allow for social distancing; however, still provide a community feeling. One of the many activities our residents are enjoying is Hallway Bingo. This allows our residents to see their neighbors from a distance and still enjoy a long-time favorite gathering. We are also doing one on one activities with all residents who wish to participate; by providing crafting material as well as books and magazines.
- Communication: Our staff is helping residents use social media and other digital options to interact with their family and friends. Whether by starting a video-call, using their own social media, or participating in the fun activities we are sharing online, we strive to make sure people stay informed and connected.
- Staff: While adhering closely to IDPH guidelines for masks and PPE, staff have also been working hard to lighten the mood with themed outfits to break monotony and maintain morale. Staff deliver three meals each day and screening residents for illness at least twice each day.
The Villas of Holly Brook is closely monitoring areas around our communities and throughout the U.S. that are experiencing contained community spread, as defined by the CDC, and taking extra precautions in those areas, as appropriate. We value the importance of preserving an engaging, enriching community environment for you and your families.
As always, should there be signs of any illness or an outbreak at our communities, we will follow the recommended health department protocols, including immediately contacting the local health department and working together to help protect the safety of our residents and team members.
The global situation with COVID-19 is actively evolving and we will communicate any pertinent updates to you. We will continue to closely monitor and follow guidance from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO), and other health and government officials. You may find additional information on these organizations’ websites, which are updated regularly with the latest consumer guidelines.